Monday, July 12, 2010

Little Bitty Cycles?

I swam my whole life, through college.  Since college, I've become a runner.  Naturally, people often say to me, "You should do triathlons" adding that "you've already got the hardest parts down."  Well, despite the fact that my brother and sister have become avid triathletes themselves, I've done a good job maintaining my role as a spectator.  You see, when I swam in college, I had serious issues at swim meets.  I got so nervous.  Luckily, I got had to longer races, so I had a few minutes to get rid of the pre-race jitters and relaxAnyway, I've enjoyed my relaxing active life post-college. 

Anyway, now that I am living back upstate in the land of open roads, I drive past people all the time riding bikes.  It looks like fun, in a relaxing but healthy sort of way.  And it would be a nice way to exercise on my rest days from running.  And now that I'm not paying $900 a month to share a railroad apartment with a roommate (flashback to Hoboken days), I have the money to buy a bike.  And (because I haven't said the word 'and' enough in this paragraph), most importantly, my sister found me this bike.  I am a sucker for anything turquoise/aqua...



















 So this bike.  I think it might have my name on it.  It is usually $949 but on sale for $599.  Hmm.  Do I do it?  I don't want to feel pressured to do triathlons by buying a bike.  Well, let's face it, I won't be pressured.  :)  But what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Pretty!! Do it! I've really come to enjoy biking! Great cross training :)

    ReplyDelete